Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Ah, how I love the lyrics of that song - Cream colored ponies, white dresses, satin sashes, snowflakes, lashes. But what? No mention of GLITTER!!!? How disappointing. :P Glitter would certainly have to be one my favorite things. But they do mention whiskers on kittens, so I can't complain.

Oh yes. I am completely aware of the super frilly, cheese-o-licious nature of this subject matter. If you have come to this blog in search of profundity and to acquire a greater understanding of the universe, I would suggest you look elsewhere. But that's NOT to say that I will never post about an important current event, discuss culture and the arts, and also throw in an occasional Sarah Palin joke.

However, the main purpose of this blog is to speak my mind about the things that I love (what else is a blog for??)...and those things include cats and glitter (among other things of course). Now you may be wondering: Why Cats? Why Glitter? HERE'S WHY:

CATS: They are plump and furry (at least mine are). They are damn cute when sleepy and if you show them affection, they instantly transform into comfortable vibrating massage pillows purrrfect for days when you need to de-stress! Now don't get me wrong, I also love dogs. But as a 20-something New Yorker with work and a social life, I like my pets to be independent. The dog will have to wait until I'm a soccer mom (not a hockey mom!).

GLITTER: What's not to love? It's shiny. It's sparkly. It's what dreams are made of. At least my dreams, anyway. If only I could bathe in a pool of glitter. Only then could I achieve my ultimate goal of becoming JEM and starting a glittery holographic 80's cartoon band. Haha - I'm silly. But anyway, glitter comes in every color of the rainbow (and rainbows are great!). It also makes for a brilliant light show on my wall, for example, when I reflect sunlight off of one of my sequined Forever21 tops.

Anyway, you get the idea. I'm girly and I like girly things. I'll be discussing shoes, clothes, cool furniture, catnip, music, art, and anything else that I feel fits the spirit of this blog. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment